Navigation auf


Professorships Department

Entering Switzerland


You have been appointed to a professorship at UZH and will soon come to live and work in Switzerland.

Depending on your country of origin, different rules apply to entering the country and to staying here to work.

EU28 and EFTA

Third countries

Rights of residence in the Canton of Zurich and in Switzerland as a whole are governed by federal law and by treaties under international law. The Canton of Zurich Migration Office enforces this legislation, and issues entry and residence permits after reviewing the corresponding applications.

Weiterführende Informationen

Further Information

Detailed information on entering Switzerland and the documents you need.