Navigation auf


Professorships Department

Relocating to Switzerland

Anyone moving to Switzerland from abroad will generally be bringing their household effects with them. For possessions to be imported duty-free, your place of residence must already be in Switzerland. In other words, you must have already signed a lease or an employment contract.

Importing Household Effects

Information on moving your household effects to Switzerland can be found on the website of the Federal Customs Administration (FCA) (see Teaser).

Support from Relocation Firms

To make your move to Switzerland easier, you may wish to use the services of a professional relocation firm, which can help to you find somewhere to live and also to integrate, if you wish (see Teaser).

UZH Reimbursement of Relocation Costs

UZH supports newly appointed UZH professors with a contribution towards the costs of relocating to Switzerland from abroad.


Unterseiten von Relocating to Switzerland