Information on what to do if you have an accident, as well as relevant accident reporting forms and a guide to accident insurance, can be found on the Human Resources website under «Unfall melden».

Professors are asked to send the completed and signed form directly to the Professorships Department. If you are unable to work for more than three days, you must also include a medical certificate, or submit one as soon as you can.

UZH’s  policy number  with AXA Winterthur is:

12.292.0XX ; XX corresponds to the current year;

Thus, the policy number for 2018 is 12.292.018, and will be 12.292.019 for 2019, etc.

Once it has received the accident report, AXA Winterthur will notify the person concerned in writing of the precise claim number which must be quoted in future correspondence (e.g. in the event of further invoices).

Continued Pay

If a professor is unable to work as a result of an accident, their previous full salary will continue to be paid. Accident insurance will reimburse UZH a share of the salary costs. These daily indemnities are credited to the cost center of the person concerned, and may be used to cover the costs of a substitute. Continued salary payments are governed by cantonal law.